New ASUS ZenFone Max Plus: with thin frames and an aspect ratio of 18: 9
ASUS company held in Moscow a Russian presentation of the smartphone ZenFone Max Plus. Following the trends, the device received a display with thin frames and an aspect ratio of 18: 9 and an advanced double rear camera. The manufacturer also took care of autonomy, installing a smart battery in the smartphone with the proprietary power management technology PowerMaster.
Almost 80% of the entire front panel area was occupied by a large 5.7-inch IPS display with a resolution of 2160×1080 pixels and a maximum brightness of 400 cd / m². It has rounded corners and is covered with a hardened 2.5D-glass. Due to small frames the novelty is comparable in size with 5.2-inch smartphones. The aspect ratio of 18: 9 makes it easier to view widescreen content and simultaneously place two applications on the screen.
ZenFone Max Plus has three cameras at once, two of which are located behind. The basic with a resolution of 16 megapixels and a lens with a f / 2.0 aperture supports the proprietary PixelMaster technology and phase autofocus, which allows to “target” objects in just 0.03 seconds.
Also, there is the possibility of taking photos at a resolution of 64 megapixels, and advanced users are offered a mode with manual settings. The second rear camera is equipped with a wide-angle lens with a viewing angle of 120 °, due to which it can be removed twice as much as any other smartphone. The front camera with a resolution of 8 megapixel has a viewing angle of 140 °, aperture of f / 2.0 and supports the function of improving portrait images.
Another feature of ZenFone Max Plus is a battery capacity of 4 130 mAh. The manufacturer promises up to 26 days of standby time, up to 26 hours of talk time on 3G, up to 21 hours for surfing the Web over Wi-Fi and up to 13 hours of video playback. The smartphone supports the proprietary power management technology PowerMaster, which is a software package with intelligent power-saving functions to optimize the battery life cycle, improve safety and extend battery life. The system constantly monitors the temperature of the battery and has protection against overloads to ensure the safety of users.
Specifications ZenFone Max Plus:
- Display: IPS, 5.65 “, 2160×1080.18: 9;
- processor: eight-core MediaTek MT6750T, 1.5 GHz;
- graphic accelerator: ARM Mali-T860;
- operating system: Android 7.0 Nougat with user interface ASUS Zen UI 4.0;
- RAM: up to 4 GB;
- built-in memory: up to 64 GB;
- Support for memory cards: microSD up to 256 GB;
- Communication: LTE-Cat 6 (2CA);
- SIM: combined slot nano-SIM (4G) + nano-SIM (4G);
- wireless interfaces: Wi-Fi 802.11b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.0;
- Navigation: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS;
- main camera: 16 megapixels (f / 2.0) with a standard viewing angle + 8 megapixel with a viewing angle of 120 °;
- front camera: 8 megapixel (f / 2.0) with a viewing angle of 140 °;
- sound: ASUS AudioWizard, a speaker with five magnets;
- security: fingerprint scanner and unlock by face scanning;
- Battery: 4 130 mAh;
- colors: graphite black, gold and silver-blue;
- dimensions: 152.6 x 73 x 8.8 mm;
- weight: 160g.