TeamViewer is one app you can trust for your remote data transfer and meeting collaborations with good security but for those of us who for one reason or the other is search fo some TeamViewer alternatives this post will highlight some interesting TeamViewer alternatives that can help you achieve good results.
There are over 80 alternatives to TeamViewer but in this post, I will be talking about the 7 most rated TeamViewer Alternatives.
Top 7 Alternatives to TeamViewer
- LogMeIn; this happens to be the first on the list of alternative for TeamViewer.LogMeIn gives you fast, easy remote access to your PC from your browser, desktop, and mobile devices and it also has premium features like file transfer, file sharing, and remote printing to help improve your productivity while on the move. With LogMeIn for iOS and Android, you can remotely access your applications and manage your files.
- Remote Desktop Connection; this second alternative to TeamViewer does not require a special app so long as you are running windows operating system. Most PC can run remote access to other computers just by setting one as client and the other as the host.
- Chrome Remote Desktop; this is a very powerful alternative to TeamViewer and the most interesting thing about Chrome Remote Desktop is that it runs on chrome browser which means you don’t have to pay for the app. Chrome Remote Desktop allows users to remotely access another computer through Chrome browser or a Chromebook. Computers can be made available on a short-term basis for scenarios such as ad hoc remote support, or on a more long-term basis for remote access to your applications and files with strong security.
- TightVNC is a free remote control software package and a very nice alternative to TeamViewer. With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote computer and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you would do with your regular computer. TightVNC is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2.
- RealVNC is a unique TeamViewer alternative which allows you to view and fully interact with one computer desktop (“VNC server”) using a simple program (“VNC viewer”) on another computer desktop or mobile device anywhere on the Internet. The two computers don’t even have to be the same type, you can use VNC to view a Windows desktop at the office on a Linux or Mac computer at home.
- Join.me is the fastest TeamViewer Alternative with no registration required, ( free features) remote controlling / screen and file sharing program from the makers of LogMeIn.
All you need to start sharing is visit the site “https://join.me/”, download the 15mb file and send the code to whoever needs to see your screen. It can be anywhere from one to 250 people, and all they need is to type the code on the same web page to join your meeting. Just gather at join.me. It’s join.me, the last two words in an invitation to collaborate, meet, train, demo or show-off.
- Remmina; this happens to be the last on my list of TeamViewer Alternatives.Remmina is a remote desktop client written in GTK+, with system administrators and travelers in mind, Remmina is for those who need to work with lots of remote computers in front of either large monitors or tiny netbooks. Remmina can work across multiple network protocols in an integrated and consistent user interface.- Protocols supported: RDP, VNC, NX, XDMCP, SSH, Telepathy
– Maintain a list of remote desktop files, organized by groups
– Make quick connections by directly putting in the server name.
There are more TeamViewer alternatives out there as I have already pointed out at the beginning of this post but these are some of the most rated and best alternatives.
Please feel free to share this post with your friends and don’t forget to use the comment box if you wish to contribute to this post. Our Contact page is very much active if you have any request.